Welcome to the Lowrey Library. I’m excited to be here, and I hope you are, too!
Before I read anything someone writes on the internet, I want to know who the person is, so I’ll provide a very basic and likely not-at-all-helpful space for background.
I really, really love reading. It’s true. Therefore, the basis of this blog will be all things reading, literary, and books. Also, I read a lot of books, and I’m kind of hoping that my contribution to the reading community helps YOU decide which books are worth your own time. I don’t know, I think that could be kind of cool.
HAVING SAID THAT, there are many things going on in my life that I may feel inspired to write about. Because of these varied interests, I am reserving the right to discuss the following things on this platform:
- Motherhood–I’m a new mom (my baby turned four months old last week!), which means that I am in a simultaneously hilarious and exhaustive life situation.
- Movies and TV–Chronic binge watcher. Can’t help it, kinda don’t want to help it.
- Dogs– I have a 2 year-old Cavalier King Charles/Papillon mix named Scout. She’s my second child (I have no regrets saying that), and is 100% certified adorable. If this website had a mascot, it would be her.
- Jesus– I spend a lot of time thinking about what it means to be a Christian woman in the modern world. It’s maybe the most reflective aspect of my life, and it will probably also have an impact on my reading material. Ergo, it will also have an impact on the things I write.
- Education– I spent the last three as a high school English teacher. I decided to take some time and stay with my son, but this subject is close to my heart.
- Music–I have 62 playlists on Apple Music, and I think that’s all you need to know.
Mostly I just want to create a space where I can document my thoughts and ideas with the option of someone choosing to read them. I hope this can be a mutually beneficial space for you! My writing is not always going to be perfect; I always encouraged the process of writing as a teacher, promising that it gets better with time and practice. I’m choosing to extend myself the same grace here.
And I think that’s all I have to say. Let’s have fun!